Winter brings in lot of confusion in terms of choosing the right outfit that not only keeps you away from chilly season but also protects you from winter. Bomber jackets and velvet are some of the pieces that you opt for to stay both fashionable and warm, says an expert.
Jinal Khimani, stylist at fashion reselling service provider CoutLoot, shares the list of outfits one can wear in winter.
* Velvet : Arriving in a shocking array of bright hues, velvet is no longer the fabric of dark, romantic, gothic evening-only clothes, but one to be mixed into the most vibrant street styler’s daytime wardrobes. You’ll find it used in everything from trouser suits to thigh-high boots. Blazers,velvet in the form of kick-around sneakers, sleek flats, and flirty evening options
* Bomber jackets The bomber has recently taken over the fashion world, but this year it takes on a new twist in unusual colors and fresh silhouettes. Whether oversized or embroidered, it’s all about the details in 2016.
* Slip dresses: The slip dress can seem intimidating because of its clinging, slinky silhouette. But trying an A-line version of this trend is just as chic and a much easier wear. Pair it with an oversized sweater or a crossbody bag with plenty of hardware, heels, and a leather jacket.
* Metallic dress: Metallic dresses are yet another eye-catching trend in winter. We saw both micro-sequined dresses to metallic fabrics in colours like gold, brass, silver, metallic fuchsia to burnt gold.
* Fur collars: The fur collars in coats and dresses, which is quite wintry! Try it in the deep colours like black and grape , or in light pastels or even the marble patterned one.
* Ruffles: Ruffles can be seen in different styles – some on dresses, some on skirts or tops, but they were seen in the collections of so many of design houses like Roberto Cavalli, Dior and Oscar de la Renta .
* Trench vest: The trench coat will always be a classic staple in in all of our closets, but this year it’s trending in a fresh sleeveless silhouette. Whether you’re running to brunch or heading to a meeting, this vest is a perfect layering option to step up your favorite outfit. (Source: IANS)